Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Random thoughts

Lately in my computer literacy class, I've been sharing some of the things that come up, that may be of interest to my students.

Today are two things that I am going to share with the students today. One is an email that I received from my mother. It was about the dangers of plastics and the fact that dangerous chemicals can be released when they are frozen or microvaved. A quick trip to Snopes revealed that this was a hoax. Is this something that computer literate students should know? Definitely. Is in the curriculum. No.

The second is a really well done representation of what RSS feeds are and how they work.
There are two types of Internet users, those that use RSS and those that don't. This video is for the people who could save time using RSS, but don't know where to start.

This too is something that is not explicitly in the curriculum, but it is something that computer literate students should be able to know and do.

No comments: