Sunday, June 7, 2009
Saturday, June 6, 2009
In the part of the blogosphere that I read, there is currently circulating a Summer Professional Development/Learning Meme 2009 originally started by Cliff Mims. in the spirit of this challenge, I'd like to declare the following goals for this summer:Technorati Tags: pdmeme09
- Learn GarageBand
- Read: Dan Pink's a Whole New Mind, Howard Gardner's Five Minds for the Future, Garr Reynolds' Presentation Zen, and J.F. Rischard's High Noon: 20 Global Problems and 20 Years to Solve Them.
- Start blogging regularly, at least twice a week.
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
- Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Summer Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
- Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and "develop professionally."
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.